I’m Renee, I love to provide my family with healthy food from scratch and decided to start writing about it and sharing my recipes.
Initially, my blogging journey began with livelifefromscratch.com. However, as I delved deeper into the world of blogging, it became evident that my recipes and food-related articles deserved a dedicated platform. After careful thought, I began creating a separate website, “giving birth” to foodiefromscratch.com!
So, a little bit of personal information about me:
- I am married to Tom.
- We have 2 little boy’s, Oskar and Simon.
- We live in the deep south of the Netherlands right near the border of Belgium and Germany.
- I love all things natural and, duh, from scratch!
- I tend to be quite spontaneous and thrive on chaos.
- Blogging is not my full-time job, I’m also a safety data sheet specialist. Long story short, I calculate the hazards of chemical products (a big range from essential oils to detergents to laboratory chemicals to coatings and more) and advise business owners on how to draft their safety data sheets.
- Tom is, next to my hubby, also my co-worker!
Why did I start to blog about how to make food from scratch? The easy answer is, I went down the rabbit hole about the food industry and the further I went, the more I detested it.
I knew the pre-packaged food mixtures weren’t healthy and quickly decided to steer away from them when I moved out of my parents home and needed to cook for myself. But little did I know that all the added, and unnescesarry, ingredients are almost added in every food product.
So I started to investigate on how to avoid these ingredients and, discovered the following. You can only avoid them, and keep your food intake in your own control by cooking from scratch. So ditch all the pre-processed foods like sauces, herb- and spice mixes, and even meat (did you know they even add unnecessary ingredients in your meat?!!).
Because I wanted to bundle all my recipes and tips and tricks I thought, why not start a blog about all this?
I had the idea to consolidate my recipes, tips, and tricks into one place, so I thought, “Why not create a blog for all of this?”
However, I was unsure of where to begin. Fortunately, I came across Lisa Bass’s “Create Your Blog Dream” course. I highly recommend considering her course if you too want to start blogging. It provided me with all the basics on how to start your blog, including easy to follow tutorials and strategic insights.
I think that’s enough for now, let me know if you want to know more about me or if you want to work together.
Let’s be friends!
This post contains one or more affiliate links, which means I will get a small commission when you buy a product via the provided link at no cost to you! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full disclaimer here.